- 8 cups of chopped russet potatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, Diced
- 1/2 bag large carrots, Chopped
- ½ cup chopped Celery
- 8 ounce packages Cubed Ham
- 1 Container of Mushrooms, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Pkg Cooked, Chopped Bacon
Place the Potatoes, Onion, Carrots, Celery, Ham, Mushrooms, Chicken Broth, Salt and Pepper in the Slow Cooker. Cook on Low for about 5 – 6 Hours or High for 3 – 4 Hours.
Once the Potatoes are done, use a potato masher to mash about a third of the potatoes into the soup. Then add the flour, Heavy Cream, and Cheddar. Cook for an addition 15 – 30 Minutes.
Use the Chopped Bacon to top the individual bowls before eating, we also added extra Shredded Cheddar Cheese.